Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shawn Alexander......WHY???

The Washington Redskins signed Shawn Alexander to a contract this week that will pay him about $900,000 for the rest of the season. Ladell Betts went out with an injury this week (surprise) so the Skins needed some depth at running back. My friend and fellow fantasy owner tried to pawn off Alexander on me this week since I have Clinton "The MVP" Portis and of course I had ZERO interest in trading for him.

Shawn Alexander averaged 3.5 yards per carry in his last year with the Seahawks and basically fell down after every hand off. He was just about useless as a fantasy player and real life running back. He doesn't catch passes out of the backfield, he cant run the ball so why did the Skins sign him. My friend the Chef who is obviously qualified to attempt to convince me that the Skins will try to limit Portis's carries to keep him fresh and he may be right for the fact they want to limit his carries, but it wont be with giving Alexander more carries. So the Chef decided to offer me a friendly wager of a meal at our next draft that Shawn Alexander will score more than 5 Touchdowns this season. Keep in mind he had 4 in his last season with the Seahawks, so I took this wager. Mr Chef I look forward to my dinner at next years draft, hopefully you will have some draft picks....

No comments:

Should you trade Randy Moss for Clinton Portis?